Please fill in where appropriate below, and click the Submit button to return by direct e-mail.
We have late availability for April, prices reduced from those shown.
For prices, please let us know the dates required by filling in the enquiry form or email oak.cottage.grassington@
btinternet.com or phone Tim Sharp on 07970 132577 (International: +44 7970 132577).
1. Once a booking has been confirmed by you in writing (via email or letter). We will provisionally hold a booking for one week. If payment is not received during that period then the booking will no longer be held. Please note that a booking is not confirmed until a receipt of the funds has been acknowledged by us, either by letter or email.
2. Payment of a deposit constitutes a binding contract and the holidaymaker is liable for the full charge agreed at the time of booking.
3. In the event of cancellation made 6 weeks before arrival we will endeavour to re-let the property at the same tariff and if successful make a refund of monies paid less £50 per week, plus any costs incurred. Cancellations made within the 6 week period prior to arrival remain liable for full payment. Holidays are not transferable.
4. The balance of the payment is due 6 weeks before the date of arrival at the cottage. Non payment of the final balance when it becomes due by more than 7 days will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment.
5. Valid methods of payment are cheque or direct bank transfer using internet banking.
6. We endeavour to ensure that all information on our website is accurate. However, errors and omissions can occur from time to time and we will not be held responsible for these errors and omissions. Additionally, information on the website may change between the date that you make the booking and the date of your stay. Should any service or facility that we provide become unavailable in that period then we will inform you as soon as possible. We cannot be held responsible for inaccessibility to any attractions or area amenities that are mentioned on the website.
7. Guests are advised to take out adequate holiday insurance in case they have to cancel the holiday for any reason.
8. Accessibility Statement. The front door is accessed from street level and there is a low sill. From the parking space adjacent to the cottage leads a gate to the rear yard, reached via 3 stone steps. Another gate leads from the rear of the parking space to the garden, also via stone steps. Inside, there is a stone step leading from the living room to the kitchen. The stairs leading from the ground floor to the first floor are open tread.
9. The property is normally available at 3pm on the first day of the booking. Details of how to gain access to the property are normally sent out by post at least a week before the arrival date. We regret that we cannot send these details to a P.O. Box number or via email.
10. The property must be vacated by 10a.m. on the last day of the booking.
11. Guests are responsible for the Holiday accommodation and its equipment during the period of their stay. All equipment, utensils etc must be left in a clean condition and the accommodation left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The guest undertakes to report and pay for any damage incurred during their occupancy, fair wear and tear excepted.
12. The number of persons using the Holiday accommodation shall not exceed the maximum number agreed at the time of booking. The property owner or caretaker is entitled to refuse admission to any persons not declared on the Booking Form or agreed in writing at an earlier date.
13. Provision of all bedding (duvets and pillows) linen, towels, tea towels, all gas and all electricity is included in the price. A single basket of logs is also included.
14. Pets are not allowed.
15. Smoking in the property is not allowed.
16. A car parking space is provided for small-to-medium size cars. However, if the guest’s vehicle cannot be parked in this space for any reason then no refunds will be given. In the event of extreme cold weather (e.g. ice or snow) we cannot guarantee that the space will be available. Also, we cannot be held responsible if street parking is not available.
17. WiFi is provided free but is subject to a “fair usage” policy. In particular, if more than 10GB of data is downloaded (or uploaded) then we reserve the right to make an additional charge for such usage.
18. WiFi access is not guaranteed and no responsibility is accepted if the WiFi is not available for any reason. This includes, but is not restricted to, temporary failure of the BT line, temporary failure of the WiFi router or any other hardware. In addition, no responsibility is accepted if the client’s device (e.g. PC, Smartphone etc.) is unable to connect due to technical or compatibility reasons.
19. Use of the internet WiFi is subject to the proviso that no illegal web sites are accessed subject to current criminal and commercial laws. This expressly includes, but is not restricted, to illegal copyright downloads, terrorism or illegal pornography.
20. We, or our representatives, shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during the holiday occupancy.
21. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control.
22. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to anyone who, in the reasonable opinion of the Owner is not suitable to take charge of it. In such cases all hire charges paid will be refunded in full as quickly as reasonably practicable, the contract will be terminated and we will not have any further liability. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause danger or significant annoyance to others or damage to property. In these circumstances, no refund will be given. Please note that unreasonable behaviour specifically includes smoking by any member of your party in the property.
23. Liability. We do not accept any liability for any death or personal injury, unless it results from the owner’s negligence or the negligence of any employees of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment). You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the owner or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment)
24. Force Majeure. We can not accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to "force majeure". Circumstances amounting to "force majeure" include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through flood, fire, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemic and all similar situations beyond our control.
26. Complaints. If you are not entirely satisfied with your cottage please contact us immediately and every effort will be made to make right any problem. Complaints not reported during occupancy cannot be investigated at a later date.
27. We reserve the right to change any of the above terms and conditions and general information at any time without notice. Any such changes will be posted on our web site.